The Road Theme Thinker Question

Theme: Think of a a common theme that shaped an experience between the characters
How did the father and son's relationship influence their survival in this apocalyptic world?

"They sat side by side and ate the can of pears. Then they aate a can of peaches. They licked the spoons and tipped the bowls and drank the rich sweet syrup. They looked at each other. One more. I dont want you to get sick. I wont get sick. You havent eaten in a long time. I know. Okay" (McCarthy 141).

Comments

  1. (NO GRADE) Good question Adam, I have no clue. The quote sounds tasty though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Jordan. This quote sounds tasty because of the delicious dialogue that is taking place between the two characters. It shows the tension rising between the characters, which in turn will result in a more dramatic outtake and emotionally impacting ending. Also, the "I have no clue" part can be interpreted as a signal towards a lack of direction or open-feeling that the author gave, allowing for multiple views to be constructed from this.passage.Thus, there are many viable themes that could be demonstrated by this tasty quote.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts