I believe that Johns actions were justified, in a sense, for example on page 180 it said "i wanted to do a bit of propoganda; i was trying to engineer them into feeling as i'd felt when i wrote the rhymes. Ford! He laughed again. What an outcry there was! the principal had me up and threatened to hand me the immediate sack. I'm a marked man!" this quote symbolized his internal struggle, which in turn justified his actions. The term "I'm a marked man" reveals that he isn't innocent, nor are the people around him. All in all i would say that based off of the "darkly satiric vision of a utopian future--where humans are genetically bred and pharmaceutically anesthetized to passively serve a ruling order" (back of the book) his actions were well justified. In fact he could of done a lot more, and would of been morally justified.
I agree with what Mark said as he said that John’s actions were justified because of all of the problems that he had. The first thing that I agreed on was what you said on internal struggle. This played a very big role in the novel as John and Bernard and Linda had a really hard time with this. This is especially true when it comes to the director. The director really did not like John at all and the same with Bernard kind of. As the director wanted to send John all of the way to Iceland. John did not like the fact that the director wanted him to go all of the way to Iceland. So John kind of wanted to get revenge on the director in a sense. The actions john took at the end where he literally freaked was started to throw stuff basically everywhere. Like I said I agree with what Mark said and his example as he said that “I believe that Johns actions were justified, in a sense, for example on page 180 it said "i wanted to do a bit of propoganda; i was trying to engineer them into feeling as i'd felt when i wrote the rhymes. Ford! He laughed again. What an outcry there was! the principal had me up and threatened to hand me the immediate sack. I'm a marked man!" this quote symbolized his internal struggle.” This shows what I said an it also agrees with what I said.
I believe that Johns actions were justified, in a sense, for example on page 180 it said "i wanted to do a bit of propoganda; i was trying to engineer them into feeling as i'd felt when i wrote the rhymes. Ford! He laughed again. What an outcry there was! the principal had me up and threatened to hand me the immediate sack. I'm a marked man!" this quote symbolized his internal struggle, which in turn justified his actions. The term "I'm a marked man" reveals that he isn't innocent, nor are the people around him. All in all i would say that based off of the "darkly satiric vision of a utopian future--where humans are genetically bred and pharmaceutically anesthetized to passively serve a ruling order" (back of the book) his actions were well justified. In fact he could of done a lot more, and would of been morally justified.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI agree with what Mark said as he said that John’s actions were justified because of all of the problems that he had. The first thing that I agreed on was what you said on internal struggle. This played a very big role in the novel as John and Bernard and Linda had a really hard time with this. This is especially true when it comes to the director. The director really did not like John at all and the same with Bernard kind of. As the director wanted to send John all of the way to Iceland. John did not like the fact that the director wanted him to go all of the way to Iceland. So John kind of wanted to get revenge on the director in a sense. The actions john took at the end where he literally freaked was started to throw stuff basically everywhere. Like I said I agree with what Mark said and his example as he said that “I believe that Johns actions were justified, in a sense, for example on page 180 it said "i wanted to do a bit of propoganda; i was trying to engineer them into feeling as i'd felt when i wrote the rhymes. Ford! He laughed again. What an outcry there was! the principal had me up and threatened to hand me the immediate sack. I'm a marked man!" this quote symbolized his internal struggle.” This shows what I said an it also agrees with what I said.
ReplyDelete