The Road - Plot Question

"What the boy had seen was a charred human infant headless and gutted and blackening on the spit. He bent and picked the boy up and started for the road with him, holding him close. I'm sorry he whispered. I'm sorry." (McCarthy 64.)

How has this plot affected both the man and boy's view of life (how has their character developed after they saw the catastrophic and heartbreaking images)

Comments

  1. As for the boy, a child so young to witness such terrible images. I do believe that the boy has developed a sense that in the world he is currently surviving in, there is no mercy, especially children so he needs to step it up and realize that he needs to be aware, cautious and invulnerable towards dangers. I also believe that he realizes he's not a child anymore, in terms of mental state, because the image he sees are daily life everywhere because life, right now, is not fair, and he needs to survive. He may be scarred, but he'll understand that this is what he will be seeing everyday because that's just the way the state he is in right now and he needs to train himself to be mentally and emotionally tough in order to survive.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts